Monday 11 July 2011

Being Still

I am slowly learning how my guides are going to help me with these blogs. Today I have been given the title so now I'm hoping they leap to my rescue and tell me what to write. But of course, in order to hear them and also to write, first I must be still.

Being still is not a state that comes naturally to me I'm afraid. Reiki has helped with this as I am happy to be still whilst giving myself Reiki, but it is still not an easy state for me to be in otherwise.

I do understand though, that while I am busy rushing around it is very hard for me not to miss things. I also skim when I am rushing rather than looking, reading, or listening carefully. If I am still then I am far more likely to see or hear what is really there, rather than what my busy mind wishes to be there.

Life is busy, we make it busier still, or at least I do. Taking time to be still brings us to the centre of ourselves and in that stillness we can reach deeply within, often finding a real sense of peace there. Our minds still and quieten, we let go of all the noise that is constantly in our heads, all the worry, stress and tension drains away and we drop naturally into that place where we can become one with our true selves, our essence.

With patience and practice of sitting in the stillness we can also allow ourselves to connect with the part of us that knows everything. And so, in the stillness can also find awareness and the answers to everything, not by asking others but by tapping into the knowledge and wisdom that lies within ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment